What do you do now that you have built your website and optimized each of the pages
for the search engines, but still are not getting the traffic you desire?
You answer probably lies in your link building strategy or lack thereof.
Here are vital steps to generate a great link building campaign.
1. Submit your website to quality web directories. Links from quality, authority web directories
can give you inbound links and traffic. There are many directories to choose from,
but to get the best results you should concentrate on those quality directories with authority.
2. Make a plan and designate time for link building. Plan an hour or two into your schedule
every day for link building until it becomes a routine, or you could also designate one day per week
as your link building day.
3. Carefully choose the websites that you link to as search engines take relevancy into account.
If a website is not relevant in some way to yours, you may want to avoid linking to it.
If you link to bad domains you may get penalized by the search engines.
4. Find websites that are related to your niche and develop relationships with the webmaster.
Send them an email to introduce yourself and make sure they know you are a real person and not
automated software. Let them know about your website and what you are hoping to accomplish.
5. Prepare the linking code to your website and give it out. When you do find someone wanting
to link to you make it easy for them to do so. This way also enables you to choose the pages on
your site that you want to gain additional links to.
6. Many websites may be willing to link to yours if you have something to offer them so learn
how to trade. Maybe you can add a link to their website in exchange or swap an article.
Offer to promote their website on a forum you are a member of. Any of these may work,
but it should be customized to what you can offer of value.
7. Write articles and submit them to article directories. This can be a form of viral link building
if your article is good enough as it is published with a link to your website in the resource box.
Any other website that republishes your article must keep the link intact.
8. Offer a valuable tool, resource or information on your website as link bait.
It would need to be something of value to your niche market that others would want to refer
and link there.
If you would like to learn more ways to generate links and build a high traffic website,
there are more articles published at the Authority Directory.