Getting listed in search engines is very important for internet marketers.
A high search engine ranking for your website is critical if you want to generate your own leads
that will convert into signups and sales. This article discusses the keys to getting listed in
The higher your page comes up in search engine results, the greater the traffic that is directed
to your website. That’s what search engine optimization is about.
1. To increase search engine rankings, the words on your home page’s title bar should
include the most important keywords or phrases, one of which would include your business name.
2. Then click on all your links and examine the title bars on the pages you access.
Each title bar on every single page of your site should contain the most important keywords and
phrases taken from the page itself. However, avoid very long strings of keyword.
It is usually best to keep them to six words or less.
3. Your website content also plays a crucial role in getting listed in search engines.
Search engines generally list sites that contain quality content The text on your site must
contain the most important keywords, the words that potential customers will be typing into search engines
to find your site.
4. Each page on your site should contain around 250 words, but if this is not desirable due to
your design, shoot for at least 100 carefully chosen words. This text is essential to achieve a
high page ranking.
5. To find out if your text is in HTML format, take your cursor and try to highlight a word or two.
If you can to do this, the text is HTML.
6. Next are what is called meta tags. These are just simple code.
They only have a small effect in getting listed in search engines.
7. Finally, we come to the issue of link popularity. This is very important in terms of
search engine rankings. Almost all search engines use link popularity to rank your website.
Link popularity is based on the quality of the sites you have linked to from your links page.
If you type in “free link popularity check” in a popular search engine, the search engine will
then show you what sites are linked to your site.
Linking to popular, quality sites not only boosts your search engine ranking,
but it also directs more quality traffic to your website.
Search engine rankings are extremely important for a successful Internet marketing campaign.
Before you go out and hire a search engine optimization company, try taking some of the simple
steps listed above, and see if you can’t boost your rankings yourself. Don’t ever ignore this all-important
factor in Internet marketing.
To check your link popularity, an easy and free tool to try is http://www.linkpopularity.com/
Getting listed in search engines is not all that difficult when you follow a few simple methods
and use a system that creates quality links.