Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) has launched HPE Haven OnDemand, a cloud platform that provides
advanced machine learning APIs and services that provide the ability to build data-rich mobile and
Delivered as a service on Microsoft Azure, HPE Haven OnDemand provides more than 60 APIs and
services that deliver deep learning analytics on a wide range of data, including text, audio, image, social,
web and video.
HPE Haven OnDemand was launched in beta in December 2014 and currently has more than 12,000
developers using the platform. HPE offers an entry level freemium service for the platform which
enables development and testing for free, and extends to a usage and SLA-based commercial pricing
model for enterprise class delivery to support production deployments.
Some of the capabilities offered by HPE Haven OnDemand include:
– Advanced Text Analysis: Extracts the key meaning from language by employing powerful concept
extraction capabilities that go beyond traditional approaches to obtain key concepts, entities and
sentiment from text sources.
– Format Conversion: Provides key functions to access, extract and convert information wherever it lives
by supporting an extensive set of standard file formats and the ability to employ optical character
recognition to extract text from an image.
– HPE Haven Search OnDemand Enterprise-Search-as-a-Service: Delivers cultivated search across on-
premise or cloud data to deliver superior context-sensitive search results.
– Image Recognition and Face Detection: Enables applications to detect specific image features and code
around human-centric use cases to identify the gender of an individual or key information such as a
brand logo from within an image.
– Knowledge Graph Analysis: Automatically delivers insights and predictions related to relationships and
behavioral patterns among people, places and things. These capabilities are useful for analyzing social
media and related data.
– Predict and Recommend: Enables developers to view patterns in business data to optimize business
performance and build a set of self-learning functions that analyze, predict and alert based on structured
– Speech Recognition: Employs advanced neural network technology to transcribe speech to text from
video or audio files with support for over 50 languages.